Menu: December 3-9

Welcome back! This week’s menu will be a bit shorter due to holiday goings on.

Sunday: Salad Nicoise
Monday: ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli
Tuesday: Curried Rice and Cauliflower, chicken samosa
Wednesday: out
Thursday: out (would have made a frittata but plans changed)
Friday:  Cub Scout Christmas party (they have a giant nacho bar)
Saturday: out again!

Geez, not much to show for this week at all! But December is just that way.  Less regular meals and more add-on dishes for work parties and such.  I do have at least two cakes that I hope to make next week.  Mmmmm cake....


Salad Nicoise is one of my top two favorite salads.  I had some potatoes left from the bag I bought at Thanksgiving, so I cut them up and roasted them with Herbs de Provence.  Add to that some tuna steaks seared on the stovetop, green beans, hard boiled eggs, and black olives over butter lettuce—be still my heart!!  The one in the photo doesn’t have the seared tuna; I made another salad for lunch one day from the leftover ingredients.  But you DO get one of my super sophisticated food photos of this one!!!

I am glad I had something super simple planned for Monday because I was under the weather.  No recipe involved with that meal.  The sweet potatoes I baked before I went to work to save time in the evening.

Tuesday’s dinner is another from the defunct Everyday Food magazine.  Oh how I miss it.  This recipe for curried rice with cauliflower has only made one prior appearance at the table but I remember it was a good one.  Basmati rice, chickpeas, cauliflower and a good dose of curry powder, yum!

Next week I hope to post a “fantasy” dessert buffet menu.  After putting so much effort into losing weight I am afraid that I will never host a dessert party at Christmas, but just in case, I have a menu that I think would hit all the best flavor notes of the holiday!  Tune in next time...

Comments

Popular Posts