Menu: November 19-25

Hi again and welcome to Thanksgiving week in America!  Everyone in my family likes Thanksgiving because you get to eat all the yummy food but don't have to shop for presents.  This week's menu is a little shorter because of extra dining out/family gatherings.

Saturday: Best Easy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki & Potatoes
Sunday: Korean Beef
Monday: Potato Soup
Tuesday: Marcella Hazan's tomato sauce over thin spaghetti
Wednesday--Sunday:  LOL it's a free for all! Actually, I'll make a separate post for Thanksgiving.  I only have a few dishes to bring to the family feast.

Russet potatoes were on sale at Publix this week (thank you Captain Obvious) and so I have two meals based on that.  Most of the meat sales were of no interest to me--I don't cook the Thanksgiving turkey and didn't need a big ass ham or fancy rib roast, so no inspiration there.

Behold: another sheet pan dinner!

Image credit: Half-baked Harvest

This loveliness is courtesy of Teighan from Half-baked Harvest.  This Chicken Souvlaki is a new recipe for me and I can't wait to try it!  Lemons and feta, mmmm.  I also picked up some plain Greek yogurt and cucumber for tzatziki sauce.  I wonder if I need some pita bread too?

Korean Beef used to be on the menu of one my favorite downtown restaurants.  That particular place is closed but I still crave Korean Beef and so I make a lackluster version at home.  The cooks at the restaurant got their beef so dark and flavorful.  My stove is no where near as hot as their flat top and I can't get the same great color on beef.  I have found that I can get a better sear on ground beef than say, flank steak, and that has become my choice.  There are many good recipes for this dish so no links to a particular recipe here.

This Loaded Potato Soup is an oldie from Cooking Light that I still make from time to time.  I will use regular sour cream instead of light sour cream; I find the latter just too sour for this soup.  I once served this soup at a Christmas party and it was a big hit.  People like having the dishes of bacon, cheese, and chives or green onions to sprinkle on their soup.

Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce is another new one for me!  I just have a craving for red sauce right now and I hear this one is to die for.  I have a little extra time to cook on Tuesday night and a 45-minute sauce will fit right into my schedule.  I bought some more Aidells's chicken sausage to serve along side.

Whew, what a week for carb cravings to hit!  I will have to go lower-carb on breakfast and lunch this week so that I can justify eating these dinners!







Comments

  1. I love this, I love this, I love this! Is there a way to subscribe to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deidra, you are so kind! I am so new to blogging that I am not sure of the answer to your question but I will try to find out and let you know.

      Delete
    2. I saw it, a subscribe i. e. sign-in to this blog on top right-hand corner with your email.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts