Menu: December 17-23

The title of this post is a bit misleading because, well....there is no menu this week. 


Yeah, I feel a little grumpy about that too.  But I have two parties this week, possibly another dinner out with friends, and then a quick trip to another city on Friday.  Monday night we will eat at home, but it's leftovers from a cookout we had at a family member's house last weekend.  My refrigerator is pretty bare.

On a good note, I made the gingerbread layer cake that I mentioned in the Christmas Dessert Buffet menu.  We had our annual holiday lunch at work and everyone loved the cake.  I will definitely make that again.  On a low note, I made my favorite red velvet cake for a birthday and it did not turn out as well.  Probably because I forgot to put the layers away after they cooled, and they sat on the kitchen counter all night :-(.  Tasted sorta tough after that. 

I know I need to post my Christmas dinner menu but I am feeling sorta uninspired.  This year I don't want to exhaust myself making tons of complicated food, but then I feel like it's not as special.  At the same time I don't want Christmas to be all about food and nothing much else--because it means so much more!  Gratitude for all that we have is my goal,  not self-indulgence i.e. spending all my time in the kitchen.

If you'd care to comment, I would love to hear what Christmas means to you and what are some of your favorite non-food-related things to do/feel/think about at this time of year.  Or if you feel like Grumpy Cat does about the whole thing, you can share that.

Comments

Popular Posts