Menu: May 20-26

Wow, this week has really gone by fast!  Sorry that I am late getting this menu out.  My son's school wraps up for the year this week (I know, we start insanely early, like the first week of August) and so there have been many end-of-year events!  Still I managed to get a few meals in.

Sunday: ?? (this is sad, I don't even remember what I made!)
Monday: Quick Beef Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
Tuesday: Southwestern Turkey Burgers, tomato-feta salad, baked onion rings
Wednesday: out
Thursday: Chicken Thighs in Tomato-Ginger Sauce, green beans, naan bread
Friday: Shrimp and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce
Saturday: at least this Blueberry Crumb Cake

Quick Beef Enchiladas with Salsa Verde was super yummy, but I must confess: I never make my own salsa verde.  My store never has fresh tomatillos.  I pick up a couple packets of Frontera brand green enchilada sauce and use that instead.  No one will ever know the difference.  We all eat enchiladas for the cheese anyway right????

OK I know you may read this recipe and say, "I'm supposed to mix all of this stuff into a turkey burger?"  Yes, you are.  Southwestern Turkey Burgers are stuffed with beans, cheese and onions and seasoned with all the good flavors.  My tip: mash about half the beans, and dice the cheese as small as you can.  These are worth the effort.  I served grape tomatoes tossed with feta on the side 'cause that's what I had on hand.  Corn on the cob or cole slaw would also be nice accompaniments.

I first posted the recipe for Chicken Thighs in Tomato-Ginger Sauce back in late November 2017.  Hard to believe that was the last time I made it because it is so, so good.  I am tired of peas and my son doesn't like cooked spinach, so it's green beans on the side.  Naan was BOGO at Publix this week, woot woot!  It's the best for soaking up that sauce.

Broiled Shrimp & Broccoli with Spicy Peanut Sauce also appeared here back in November.  It's a super easy and quick dinner that you make on a sheet pan in the oven.  Love that peanut sauce too!
Will probably have some rice on the side--rice noodles are also fun and quick if you can find them.

Blueberry Crumb Cake hearkens back to the days when cooking magazines recommend margarine when baking and touted the availability of year-round imported fruit.  Now it's all real butter and local seasonal ingredients.  This is still an easy, tasty crumb cake and I *AM* putting local blueberries in it (and butter), so there.

We are out of town for part of the Memorial Day weekend, so next week's menu may be shorter.  I will still try to share some of the good stuff with you though!

Comments

Popular Posts