Menu: May 13-19

Hi there, welcome to the dinner table!  Not exactly packed with home cooked meals this week, but I believe in quality not quantity....yeah right.  We all just do what we can, right?

Sunday: Greek-style Turkey Meatloaf, Yukon Gold potatoes, green beans
Monday: frozen pizza
Tuesday: leftover meatloaf, potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday: out
Thursday: Honey-Mustard Chicken, corn on the cob, peas
Friday: out
Saturday: Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka, naan bread

I made meat loaf on Sunday evening so that we could have leftovers on a weeknight.  This one first appeared in--yep, you guessed it--Everyday Food magazine.  I am not a huge fan of red onion so I only put in about 1/3 cup chopped.  All of the red onions in the stores here are softball-sized and that would last me about a year.  You can leave out the dill entirely if you want.


Doesn't that Honey Mustard chicken look yummy?  My mom used to make honey mustard chicken when I was a kid and we all loved it.  This one from She Wears Many Hats has a lovely spice rub on it as well as the honey mustard mixture.  I can't use my cast iron skillet on my crappy glass cooktop but I can bake with it, and so I use it in this recipe as shown here.

Saturdays I usually have a little more time to cook and I am looking forward to making this Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka from Smitten Kitchen.  Y'all know by now how much I love Indian food!  I haven't made this particular recipe before but it looks like a winner winner of a chicken dinner.  I will use a mix of white and dark meat chicken instead of just legs and thighs.  Some naan should be all we need on the side; maybe a sliced cucumber if I'm not feeling too lazy.

Hope you all have a great week full of delicious dinners!

Comments

Popular Posts