Menu: November 12-18

Hi again, welcome to the dinner table!

Sunday: Broiled Shrimp & Broccoli with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Monday: Andouille and Red Beans with Rice
Tuesday: Pork chops, roasted Brussels sprouts, baked sweet potatoes
Wednesday: eat out
Thursday: Red lentils, samosa, palak paneer
Friday: out
Saturday: TBD

Sunday's meal was another hit from Fine Cooking.  Love the magazine and web site.  And nutritional info for each recipe?  Be still my heart!!  Broiled shrimp broccoli with spicy peanut sauce is a low carb dream. This cooks up super quick under the broiler.


Image credit: Fine Cooking

I don't feel that the photo does it justice, but that's the one on the Fine Cooking site.  As other commenters there noted, it needed a bit more sauce; I made about 1/4 to 1/3 more and had plenty.  My son doesn't like shrimp so this was just for the adults.

Andouille with red beans and rice is another fave that I clipped from the pages of Cooking Light magazine oh so many years ago. I like to use Aidell's chicken andouille sausage in this.  I also like spelling and saying "Andouille!"  With my best cliche'd Cajun accent.

Pork chops are on sale this week at Earth Fare.  I can't link to Cooks Illustrated but I use their method for cooking pork chops, which starts with low heat and then increases gradually.  Keeps all the nice juices in there.  I make a sauce in the pan with fresh sage, Dijon mustard, butter, and chicken broth.

My son got addicted to samosas stuffed with tandoor chicken--and then they disappeared for months from all my local stores and even the Indian market!  We were bummed.  But look what showed up at Publix this week! *happy dance*

Yes I am a fool for Tandoor Chef.  So I'm cooking red lentils and baking a batch of samosas for my happy kid. For something green I will either cook some Tandoor Chef palak paneer or some plain green peas.

Next week I will try to take a break from beans.  I know they are good for you, and my family likes to eat them, but I just need some variety.




Comments

Popular Posts