Menu: November 26-Dec. 2

Hi again, welcome back to the dinner table!  Here's our evening menu for the week:

Sunday: Turkey-Sweet Potato Hash with Spinach
Monday: Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloins, sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts
Tuesday: Chicken in Tomato-Ginger Sauce, samosa, green peas
Wednesday: out
Thursday: Sausage, Lentil and Kale Soup, whole wheat rolls
Friday: out
Saturday: Sesame Noodles (peanut sauce really) with chicken

I was given a copy of Paleo Magazine along with a request to make some of the recipes in the 2017 October/November issue.  The turkey hash/stir-fry looked good and called for generous seasoning with fennel seeds, which my son loves.  I had picked up some pork tenderloins at Earth Fare last week and I also discovered an extra stash of pecans in my freezer, so the pork recipe was a no-brainer.

Everyone crushed their bowls of turkey hash, so I'd call it a success.  I left out the pear that the recipe called for, but I'm sure it would be good in there too.  We will eat this again. Pork tenderloins were also easy to make and very tasty.  Sorry the recipes aren't online so no links.

Fine Cooking knocked it out of the park again with Chicken Thighs in Tomato Ginger Sauce.  I make this recipe often because it's one of our favorites.  The butter added at the end is genius.  I love making Indian food and I always have all the ingredients for garam masala on hand.  I keep a cheap little pepper mill just for grinding up the whole spices.  Green peas and samosa from the freezer round out this meal.

Sausage, Lentil and Kale Soup is on the menu again now that the nights are colder.  We used to eat at Carrabba's (an Italian chain restaurant) quite a lot and I loved their sausage-lentil soup.  This one from Everyday Food magazine (RIP old friend) is similar and adds kale for funsies.  My son likes this soup, especially if I don't give him too much kale in his bowl.

My kid thinks they are gross, but the adults in the family love noodles with peanut sauce.  I use this recipe from Rachel Ray and double it (the show was Cooking for One, which if you know Rachel, was still almost enough food for a family).  Note: the seared tuna and salad that she made on the same episode are awesome, if you want to try them out too.)  I like to add a bunch of sliced hothouse cucumber and some shredded rotisserie chicken to the noodles.  Sorry son, looks like you'll be eating plain chicken and sliced cucumber for dinner while your dad and I slurp noodles.

That's it for this week, thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts