Menu: August 5-11

Thanks for being patient while I took a bit of a break.  I started feeling too depressed and tired to do much cooking for a while.  There were a few decent dishes in the interim, so I am cobbling them together here and pretending it's an actual menu.

Sunday: lemon-dijon salmon
Monday: turkey burgers, with roasted pepper relish and goat cheese
Tuesday: Seared Ahi tuna and salad with wasabi vinaigrette, peanut sesame noodles
Wednesday : out
Thursday: Chicken Saag, mini naan
Friday: out
Saturday: chicken gyro salad

Our favorite salmon dish has been featured here several times.  I was able to buy fresh, wild salmon a couple times this summer and it really made the dish.  Love it when wild salmon is in season.

We also love turkey burgers.  Now that the birds that were nesting on my back porch are gone, I have fired up the grill a few times.  This recipe from Cooking Light uses lots of rosemary and tops the burgers with goat cheese--YUM.  Do yourself a solid and make this grilled pepper relish too and top the burgers with it (*dies, comes back to life, eats this burger*).

I know you all probably get a laugh about my old recipes.  Well, take a look at this gem from 2003! 



Rachel Ray used to crack me up with the giant mounds of food she would prepare on her show.  This "dinner for one" is no exception.  Joking aside, this is my favorite peanut sauce recipe, and  this dinner also got me hooked on five-spice powder.  The salad may sound a bit weird, but try it--trust me.

Y'all know I love me some Indian food.  I have been wanting to make saag (a spinach dish) at home and this Chicken Saag popped up on my Pinterest feed.  I was a bit suspicious because this was written as a Weight Watchers-type recipe, but I gave it a try anyway.  We all loved it!  You can use heavy cream or half-and-half instead of yogurt if you want.  Also this recipe has almost no salt, so add some if you feel like it.  Chicken breast is ok too if you don't like dark meat.  We just can't be friends anymore if you're going to be like that, though. 

Heat up the grill again for Chicken Gyro Salad from Smitten Kitchen.  Greek food is true comfort food to me.  Not sure why but I love it so much.  This is colorful and fun to eat in summertime.

I can't promise that I will back to weekly posting soon but I will try.  I don't want any of y'all to go hungry.  Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts