Easter: a special dish for you!

Hi all.  I won't be posting menus much for the next few weeks.  The otherwise anonymous town where I live hosts the world's most famous golf tournament each year, and all the schools close then for spring break.  We will flee the city as we do each year and leave it to the golf fans.  Easter Sunday will find me eating brunch in a restaurant somewhere, but if you are hosting an Easter meal at home, I have a lovely dish to suggest for your menu.

Garden Vegetable Crustless Quiche comes from my extensive clipping file of Cooking Light recipes.  This recipe was published back in September 2006 but I enjoy making it in the spring.  Yes it has a lot of ingredients.  But this is a BIG dish and serves a crowd.

Image courtesy Cooking Light
This eggy casserole has potatoes, cheese, cottage cheese (shut up and just put it in there, trust me) and a helpful suggestion to "Substitute corn or spinach for some of the vegetables, if you wish." Why yes I do wish to; specifically, I omit the green bell pepper and mushrooms and add the two suggested veggies instead.  Make sure you slice the tomatoes for the top very thinly to keep them from getting watery when they cook.

I hope you'll give this dish a try.  If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they reheat well in individual servings.

Next week I will submit for your consideration a fine chocolate cake recipe.  The fun kind that uses boxed cake mix with a bunch more stuff thrown in.  I can't wait to share it with you!

Comments

Popular Posts