Happy New Year, and a Menu

Hi all.  Just a few hours until 2019.  I kept note of a few new-to-this-blog recipes that I have cooked lately, and thought I would share them with you.

Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce: I have mentioned my love for Greek food before--it's true comfort food for me.  My family really liked this recipe, but I doubled the meatballs because one pound of something hardly cuts it with the family appetites any more.  Meatballs reheated just fine.

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Honey-Lime Slaw: delicious and easy, but alas it made a poor showing for a whole family dinner.  More like a nice lunch for a couple girlfriends.  I'll have to think of a side dish if I want to make this again.  Or maybe make it into burritos or fish tacos?  Hmmmm.....

Classic Beef Pot Roast: I've made this pot roast several times over the years and it is always a big hit.  You can substitute more beef broth for the red wine if you don't have any on hand.  I like to cook my roast a bit longer than this recipe specifies--like maybe 2 hours for the first interval, then add the veg.

Skillet-baked Pasta with Five Cheeses: don't you hate it when commenters say they changed a recipe, and then didn't like it anyway?  That's me right now.  I left out the blue cheese and green onions to give my family a break, but then I was left with a bland dish.  LOTS of a bland dish because this makes a ton of food.  Don't follow my example.  This dish was super easy to make though. 

Best wishes to you all for a happy and healthy 2019.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts