April 1-7: Cake!



Hi all, as I mentioned last week I will not be posting full menus for a little while, but I am giving you a cake recipe so that you will still love me.  

Now there is nothing truly unique about this chocolate cake recipe.  It's like many others that start with a boxed cake mix and add various other ingredients.  But it is a very, very good cake; it has a soft (but not too soft) crumb and the chocolate chips become little bits of semi-melted delight.  I can remember the first time I ate it, at a party more than twenty years ago.  I asked the nice woman who baked it for the recipe and this sweet hand-written card was delivered to me soon after.  I hope you will make it to share with friends or someone who's feeling sad.  Maybe it will make a fond memory for you as well.

Chocolate cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
12 ounces chocolate chips
4 large eggs
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together and pour into a well-greased and floured  Bundt or angel food cake pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes.  Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack and cool completely.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with strawberries.







Comments

Popular Posts